Ah. The day of love created by the greeting card companies. It’s a busy day for those in the restaurant biz, and we’re here to provide three tips for making the most of Valentine’s Day.
- Be sure your customers know you are open on Valentine’s Day. Mondays are often dark days for restaurants, and not all of your customers will know you are open, especially if you have only promoted specials within your four walls.
- Send a quick email reminder that you recommend a reservation. Include a few tips for making the meal more romantic – Arrange to have flowers delivered to the table beforehand. Call ahead to get a special message placed on the table or drizzled on a dessert plate.
- Add a few Facebook posts throughout the week.Include a few pictures of your special Valentine’s dishes or give an exclusive discount to Facebook fans if they reserve a table by Thursday.
- Send a quick mailer out to last year’s reservation list. Check your reservation list today against last year’s list. If you see guests who have not made a reservation yet, send them a quick reminder through the mail. Our new coupon templates are the perfect size to mail.
- Promote a Valentine’s weekend. Many people will be celebrating early this year, since the big day falls on a Monday. Be prepared with reservations and specials all weekend long.
- Promote a family love lunch. Valentine’s Day can be a special day for the whole family. Try offering a brunch or lunch with a special menu. You still have time to promote it if you get your act together today.
- Send Valentine’s cards to your customers. You don’t have to have an event or special menu for this. Simply recognize your customers with a Valentine email or card.
Share your Valentine’s successes in our Facebook discussion.