Plus Other MustHaveMenus Features You May Have Missed
Our goal at MustHaveMenus is to give you an on-staff, always available design team for your flyers, menus and complete menu sets (including comment cards, coupons, gift certificates and more) for just $15 per month.
With our 2,500+ design templates, our menu template software and our Facebook app, getting today’s lunch specials, live music events and upcoming holiday events in front of your customers (on Facebook) is just a click away. And not a month goes by that we don’t make improvements that help make your menus easier to create, edit and print or publish online. Here are three recent updates you may have missed and how to use them.
Add photos or your logo to any menu or flyer.
- From the preview screen, click Image Manager at the top left. This will display any images you have uploaded previously, or prompt you to upload a new file.
- Select a JPEG, PNG, or GIF file from your computer.
- Simply click & drag the image from the display bar onto your menu.
- Position it where you like, then drag the corners to size.
- Click Save to see an updated preview.
Hint: If you decide to use a logo, you may want to leave the Restaurant Name field blank. Some menus have a red placeholder for your logo, but you aren’t required to place your logo in that position. Note: Due to current system requirements, your logo must be in RGB color mode. If you have trouble adding a logo to a logo menu, contact us for assistance. See our example of how to insert a QR code into a menu template.
Style font size, colors and spacing.
With this update, you can select any color or font size for menu items. This is a great way to draw attention to specials, a signature dish or new menu items. To make the update:
- Click the template to edit.
- Select the show fonts button.
- Edit the font size of each section by selecting the number drop down.
- Edit the color of the menu text by selecting the little color box. You’ll see basic colors in a palette. To customize the color, you’ll need the Hex code. Here’s a handy guide to hex codes.
- Edit the spacing on a text area by clicking the show spacing button. You’ll move the little sliders to the right or left to adjust each text section’s spacing.
More Facebook publish options.
One of the coolest features of MustHaveMenus is publishing your menus to Facebook. Here are two new updates to this feature:
- Reorder your published menus. You can reorder your list of menus and how they appear in the Menu App section of your Facebook page. This is especially helpful for restaurants that publish multiple menus.
- View individual menus on Facebook. Each published menu has a view link so you can see it on Facebook and copy the link to use in email, text and QR codes.
We have more exciting updates coming to the Menu Editor. Subscribe to our email newsletter to stay up-to-date on all that’s happening with MustHaveMenus. Don’t have an account? Sign up now for just $15 a month and start printing and sharing menus and flyers on Facebook and in your restaurant in minutes.